Open from Monday to Sunday 10 am to 7 pm.
Visits last approximately 90 minutes.
Languages: Spanish, English, French, Italian, German and Russian.
How to Visit Marques de Riscal?
1. Review available visit types online.
2. If you are looking for a group visit, book your tour online. Choose your date, language, and the number of people in your party, and proceed with booking and payment.
3. If you are looking for a private tour or a larger group tour contact the winery by emailing them.
4. Review cancellation policy that typically allows for refunds not later than 24 hours before your visit time.
5. Arrive on time, enjoy the tour and drink responsibly.
6. Spend time in the vinotherapy SPA after the tour.
Alternatively, join a Rioja wine tour. Your driver will arrange a visit and drive you to the winery and back to your accommodation in La Rioja.
The Marqués de Riscal city of Wine is located in Elciego, in the Rioja Alavesa wine region.
The original bodega was built in 1860. In the cellars known as the Cathedral, you will see a collection of old vintages of Marques de Riscal. I found that room to be very impressive.
In 1883, the original building was extended to include a Bordeaux-style cellar known as El Palomar (the Dovecote) where these days the company’s premium wines are made.
Finally, the avant-garde style building of Hotel Marqués de Riscal designed by the renowned architect, Frank O. Gehry, is what draws many people to this astonishing winery.
There are no wine-making facilities inside this futuristic building, however, the way it dominates the estate and the vineyard is truly impressive. The violet ribbon always comes to my mind when I pop a bottle of Marques de Riscal at home.
After a wine trip it would be nice to spend time at Caudalie vinotherapy spa.
Visiting European Wineries
Where to taste wines in the center of Bordeaux? Here is the list of my favourite wine bars in Bordeaux.
June is a great time to visit Bordeaux wine country. Everything is fresh and bright. You will see flowering vineyards, wine bottling, racking and other winery activities.